We understand Product Development. We understand team composition; we understand short development cycles; we understand the need for feedback in alpha and beta releases; we understand product architecture that is both robust as well as flexible; we understand what it means to launch a product.
Accord Innovations' Product Engineering practice focuses on the needs of product-engineering functions in large or emerging organizations. Accord works as an extended collaborative partner to help our clients build, sustain and grow their products and services.
New Product Development
Accord’s new product development service covers the entire spectrum of activities involved in taking a product from vision to ship - from defining the product vision to releasing a finished product and every step in between. We get deeply involved from the start by understanding our client's business, their target customers, their competitors, and other business drivers and constraints. We use this understanding to design and build a product that can exceed their market and user expectations.
We understand that new products and new businesses go through a lot of flux in the initial stages. We have evolved processes and built a mindset in the company that is capable of handling such uncertainty. Our goal is to achieve predictable quality and ship on a predictable date. We provide complete transparency over the development process through regular updates, rigorous tracking, frequent binary drops, and a strong feedback process. We have strict Intellectual Property Protection Rights (IPPR) policies that provide controls at all levels - contractual, policy, and cultural.
If you are a startup with a great idea and domain expertise, Accord Innovations is the perfect development partner for you. We are a high-end product development partner who manages the three inter-dependent variables of product development - time, resources, and scope. We ensure a successful product release and allow you to focus on sales and marketing, and business development.
Accord helps companies modernize their products in ways that harness new technologies, enhance functionality, improve user experience (UX), and increase user benefits.
Many of today's software applications have dated architectures - while they strive to keep up with user needs, their existing architectures are unable to support radical functionality or UX changes.
New user needs and functionality
- User environments have changed: This has resulted in new user demands. As an example, users now expect their software - from email, to line of business applications - to follow them on their mobile devices.
- New business processes: Enterprises in many industries, such as Healthcare, have adopted new business processes to comply with new regulations. While software companies that serve them have been incorporating changes into existing products, such changes have tended to be unwieldy workarounds, leaving users less than happy.
- New market: Companies frequently target new market segments (for instance, SME companies target enterprise customers, and single platform companies target customers on different platforms) and such initiatives often necessitate changes to the architecture.
- Software as a Service: Gartner predicts one third of existing enterprise applications to move to a hosted model and 40% of new applications to be built using it. We can help you transition to a SaaS model by helping redesign your software to support a multi-tenant hosted model.
- Web2.0: The new Web is not just transforming the way Web businesses function, it is influencing how software companies are adopting Web 2.0 concepts to enrich their products.
Better usability drives better adoption, whether the software is on the Web or on the desktop. If you can imagine a better user experience for your customers, chances are you can create it using technologies that exist today.
As industry and technology landscapes change, it becomes important for software companies to adapt their software and modify underlying architecture. Accord's migration services enable companies to rapidly implement such changes and capitalize on new market opportunities.Accord's migration services facilitate software companies to
- Offer the product on additional technology platforms (eg: J2EE products on the .NET stack).
- Re-architect the product to scale-up to target enterprise customers, or scale-down to target SME customers.
- Reducing total cost of ownership.
- Transition desktop products to a hosted services model, enabling Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Incorporate Web 2.0 concepts and features into online products.
- Migrate user interfaces (eg: Web enabling or converting to SmartClient).
- Modernize architecture from 2-tier to n-tier or 32-bit to 64-bit systems.
- Replace architecture components with emerging alternatives (eg: transitioning from Crystal Reports to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SRS).
- Internationalize and localize the product into multiple languages.
Accord's services on product maintenance address the common problem prevalent in many product companies with existing products.
Most enterprise products face a problem in supporting their installed base on legacy versions of the product. A significant investment needs to be made to maintain multiple versions of an old code base, many times on older technologies, to support existing clients until they can be persuaded to migrate to newer versions of the product.
Our product maintenance services help our clients support their existing products and customers cost effectively, while concentrating their in-house expertise in building new products or versions.
We work with our clients to first define their business objectives on how long they would like to support the product and what is the level of investment they are planning to make into it. We then assemble a team that has the required expertise and matches their budgetary constraints. This team works with our clients' product teams to take over their code base (often with very little existing documentation) and maintain it for the life of the product. They also work with the clients' technical support teams to ensure product issues are addressed within specified Service Level Agreements (SLA).
We wonder if ants had to undergo some of the most stringent testings in the beginning to be what they are now: one of the oldest living creatures in the world!At Accord, we provide professional types of software testing services at a cost-effective price. We have an experienced, trained and skilled quality assurance/testing team of professionals who can help our customers meet their objectives.
- Our quality software testing team can efficiently authenticate software applications and ensure that those conform to their specified features. We can also proficiently write test cases, test techniques, such as, regression testing, test generation, coverage analysis and efficiently generate test reports
- At Accord, we have the knowledge and expertise to conduct different types of software testing. The following are some of the types of software testing that we conduct at Accord when you outsource your software testing services to Accord Innovations Sdn. Bdh.
Why "ACCORD INNOVATIONS?"
We listen, we discuss, we advise and develop
We listen carefully, we discuss deeply, we advise wisely and develop solutions that go far beyond customer expectations.
We care about our clients and can make their life easier
Our clients are our partners. Helping them being successful in their business is our primary goal.
We strive to develop partnership relations with all clients and develop long-term collaboration which can help us create complete win-win situations for both parties.